“Can we restart our lives?”
Who doesn’t wish that? Not the balanced amongst us can claim we’ve led a perfect life. There could’ve been instances where we had badly screwed up that we wished we could go back in time and fix it. If it still impacts your life, you crave for that fix all the more.
That’s when we say “How I wish I could restart my life?”
May be you cannot. But you certainly can recognize the irrationalities that led you to those mistakes. Here’s a good post that I’ve come across at marcandangel.
Money quote –
“…Irrational thoughts occasionally occur in the minds of all people. Intelligence does not make someone immune to irrational thought. These thoughts typically clutter our minds with feelings of resentment and distaste.
Here are 10 irrational thoughts that rational people often fall victim to at one point or another:
- Mistakes are never acceptable. If I make one, it means that I am incompetent.
- When somebody disagrees with me, it is a personal attack against me.
- To be content in life, I must be liked by all people.
- My true value as an individual depends on what others people think of me.
- If I am not involved in an intimate relationship, I am completely alone.
- There is no grey area. Success is black and failure is white.
- Nothing ever turns out the way you want it to.
- If the outcome was not perfect, it was a complete failure.
- I am in absolute control of my life. If something bad happens, it is my fault.
- The past always repeats itself. If it was true then, it must be true now.”
So Just don’t be despondent. Spot that irrationality when it occurs to you next time and just shrug it off. You’re going to be alright.